- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 1 “Pilot”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 2 “One Wheel Has the Dragon”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 4 “Three Rounds has the Interview”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 3 “Mission Accomplished”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 5 “Horse Girls and First Best Friends”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 6 “Second Son Syndrome”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 8 “Maegor the Metal”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 9 “Black Bride Boogaloo”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 10 “The Robert Frost Fan Club”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 11 “Say “Yes” to the Targaryen King’s Widow”
- House of Fire & Blood – Episode 12 “Boop the Snoot of the Long Boi in Scarlet”
- House of Fire & Blood Episode 13 – “A Window in Your Local Cattery”
This piece was written during the 2023 WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. Without the labor of the writers and actors currently on strike, the TV series being covered here wouldn’t exist.
What if George R. R. Martin’s Fire and Blood was written more like HBO’s House of the Dragon? Caroline and Gretchen analyze Martin’s work from this perspective and search for hidden stories in the text.
This week Gretchen and Caroline continue their analysis of Fire & Blood with the second section of the fourth chapter, Sons of the Dragon. The lords of Westeros decide to mulligan those battles from the conquest with the weak King Aenys, while Maegor establishes the archetype of “second son” and Rhaena continues to be very, very gay.
Listen below, Subscribe to our RSS feed, or search for “House of Fire and Blood” on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
Where to Find Us
- Caroline’s Linktree: https://linktr.ee/beelock
- Gretchen’s Linktree: https://linktr.ee/gnjones
- Email us at: [email protected]
- UBS Podcast Episodes
- Top 7 Takeaways from Fire and Blood
- HOTD Season Retrospective Part 1
- HOTD Season Retrospective Part 2
- House of the Dragon Failed Alicent Hightower
- House of the Dragon is Winning this Thrones Hater Over
- Dance of the Dragons Video Analysis: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Theme Music “The Power of Prophecy” is courtesy of HBO’s Fire and Blood
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!