was written during the 2023 WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. Without the labor of the writers and actors currently on strike, the TV series being covered here wouldn’t exist.
What if George R. R. Martin’s Fire and Blood was written more like HBO’s House of the Dragon? Caroline and Gretchen analyze Martin’s work from this perspective and search for hidden stories in the text.
This week, continue their analysis of Fire & Blood with the third section of the fourth chapter, Sons of the Dragon. Aenys Targaryen dies of plot convenience and Maegor takes “three heads has the dragon” too literally by taking three wives, while the Faith stirs trouble and Rhaena has twins by her brother. This is fine 🙂
Listen below, Subscribe to our RSS feed, or search for “House of Fire and Blood” on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
Where to Find Us
- Caroline’s Linktree: https://linktr.ee/beelock
- Gretchen’s Linktree: https://linktr.ee/gnjones
- Email us at: [email protected]
- UBS Podcast Episodes
- Top 7 Takeaways from Fire and Blood
- HOTD Season Retrospective Part 1
- HOTD Season Retrospective Part 2
- House of the Dragon Failed Alicent Hightower
- House of the Dragon is Winning this Thrones Hater Over
- Dance of the Dragons Video Analysis: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Theme Music “The Power of Prophecy” is courtesy of HBO’s Fire and Blood
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!