Julia, Gretchen, and Kylie attended a Very Fandomentalist Wedding in this last month, and decide to devote a segment just to it. In other news, Gretchen tries to sell her co-hosts on a new genre, and everyone else reaches into a grab bag to chat about anything else on their mind…but mostly The Legend of Korra.
- 0:00 – Fandom News November 2019 Edition
- 18:45 – A Wedding in Chicago
- 40:00 – Chinese romcoms Gretchen says you should watch
- 56:00 – Grab bag: Ruins of the Empire edition
- The Fandomentalist Explores Where in the World LoK and SU are Heading
- Ruins of the Empire Rises Up
- Lost in Austen: A Nerdy Feminist Viewing (Part 1, Part 2)
- The Fandomentalist makes Pride & Prejudice Dark and Gritty
Kylie is a Managing Editor at The Fandomentals on a mission to slay all the tropes. She has a penchant for complex familial dynamics and is easily pleased when authors include in-depth business details.
Julia is a Managing Editor at The Fandomentals with far too many hobbies and complex emotions. She may or may not be an actual Martell.
Bi/pan, they/them. Gretchen is a Managing Editor for the Fandomentals. An unabashed academic book nerd and aspiring sci/fi and fantasy author, they have about things like media, representation, and ethics in storytelling.