Julia, Kylie, and Gretchen sit down with Leah from TGIFemslash to chat about the upcoming season of Supergirl (is there hope?) and the interesting penchant for subtext over explicit queer ships within some areas of fandom.
- 0:00 – Introduction & fandom news 9/10/17
- 17:00 – Supergirl‘s past and future
- 44:35 – Subtext vs. sub-par text with queer ships
- Leia’s Journey to Heir of Alderaan and Rebel Leader
- Ladies First Interviews TGIF/F
- Aladdin and the 40 Issues of Casting
- Mon-El is Supergirl’s Kryptonite
- Supergirl’s Sophomore Slump
- Supergirl Introduces Korrasami 2.0, but is it Brave Enough to Also Deliver?
- To Kill a Lesbian
- About that D.E…Oh No
The Rise of Tyrion Lannister Part 1
Julia and Kylie do yet another straight character reread for Kylie’s absolute favorite: Tyrion Lannister. However, they decide to actually be somewhat reasonable and only tackle the first two books, and then proceed to get through just half of that in this episode.
Listen below, subscribe/listen on iTunes (the newest episode is updated in the app, even if not on the site yet), subscribe to our RSS feed, search for “Unabashed Book Snobbery” in any podcast app, or download an MP3 of this episode here (go to ‘show all’).
This episode’s saltarello is a remix by Les Genoux.
- 0:00 – Introduction and Tyrion I & II in AGOT
- 17:00 – III & IV, the duel at The Wall
- 27:45 – V & VI, justice in The Vale
- 40:00 – VII , VIII, & IX, war councils and some fighting
- 49:15 – ACOK I & II, Tyrion’s first day in the office
- 57:30 – III & IV, Tyrion’s brilliant powers of deduction
- 1:09:00 – Outro
- All UBS Podcast episodes
- UBS Character-specific episodes:
It’s a Game of Cool Intentions in a Fandomentalist Far Far Away
Gretchen, Julia, and Kylie react to the news that Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss (D&D) will be helming a series of Star Wars movies in a very understated fashion, and do not at all spend 90% of this podcast talking about it.
- 0:00 – Fandom news 2/12/18 edition
- 20:15 – “Cool intentions” and what to do with creators that try
- 46:35 – Prequels vs. GoT, messaging
- 1:06:05 – D&D write Star Wars pitch ideas
- Benioff and Weiss are Writing Star Wars Movies and Rebellions are Built on LIES
- Lucasfilm Might Not be Crazy
- Wholly Uninspiring Solo Trailer Makes Me Rather Kiss a Wookie
- Benioff and Weiss adapt Harry Potter
- Reader Response: The Third Pillar of Analysis
- The Ungrounded Turf Wars of Legend of Korra
- Game of Thrones plotline retrospectives
- The Fandomentalist Talks about Types
A Search For Meaning During Awards Season
Thad and Jeremiah are back to talk about film and television awards, if the season actually means a rip, and if so, what?