Julia and Kylie finish their discussion of Game of Thrones Season 7’s main plotline, with its knotty politics and breathtaking romance. Then they figure it all out.
Listen below, subscribe/listen on iTunes (the newest episode is updated in the app, even if not on the site yet), subscribe to our RSS feed, search for “Unabashed Book Snobbery” in any podcast app, or download an MP3 of this episode here (go to ‘show all’).
The episode’s opening is an homage to Jon Snow’s theme from last year’s retrospective, and continues to parody Stephen Sondheim‘s Assassins. The closing is a reworking of the concluding song from the same musical.
- 0:00 – Intro from the future
- 5:30 – Fandom nicknames
- 10:00 – “Beyond the Wall”
- 47:15 – “The Dragon and the Wolf”
- 1:14:45 – Analysis of the character arcs
- 1:37:30 – Julia and Kylie discover the meaning of it all
- ‘The Wars to Come’ GoT Rewatch Project
- All UBS Podcast episodes
- The Game of Thrones Book Snob Glossary
- Dragonstone s7 written essays
- Game of Thrones is Still Sexist: don’t all gasp at once
- All Game of Thrones retrospectives
- Divide and Fail to Conquer (on Tyrion’s plan)
- Jon and Dany’s Tepid Boat Scene Sunk the Season
- Kylie’s essays on Season 5’s sexism