Julia and Kylie deliver an immaculately planned question and answer session. Questions include Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire content, along with a very long game of “wed, bed, behead.”
Listen below, subscribe/listen on iTunes (the newest episode is updated in the app, even if not on the site yet), subscribe to our RSS feed, search for “Unabashed Book Snobbery” in any podcast app, or download an MP3 of this episode here (go to ‘show all’).
The salterello performance for this episode is “Saltarello Mediterraneo” by Pøbel.
- 0:00 – Long introduction & the first wed, bed, behead
- 9:00 – Our feelings on GRRM’s writing speed and Westerosi holidays
- 17:15 – The Room, Women in Dorne, and Dornish timelines
- 28:30 – Religion in Cheryl’s Landing, Tyrion’s whitewashing, and burial practices
- 40:45 – Stephen Dillane’s ongoing salt, flaws of got, Peter Dinklage’s acting, and Bran’s parallels with Theon
- 54:00 – LGBT relationships in GoT, Why was Cersei Carolized? When did Cersei become Carol and what’s up with Jaime’s kinslaying?
- 1:09:15 – Ramin Djwandi is too good for this, Sansa’s GoT arc, Benioff wrote Troy, and some bizarre asks about us
- 1:21:45 – Two more odd asks about us and devolution
- List of all UBS episodes
- Carol’s Landing Season 5 Retrospective
- Ballad of the Bastards Part 3: Sansa, Interrupted
- The Fallacy of GoT’s Women on Top Part 3: Empowerment
- A Definitive Ranking of The Last Jedi Bathroom Breaks
- Julia singing “Oh Carol”