In the second installment of our deconstruction of femslash tropes, Elizabeth, Gretchen, and Kori focus on unhealthy relationship stereotypes. Buckle up, we drop some mics.
Navel-gazing at the Horror Genre
Jeremiah and Thad are back with a special guest, filmmaker Dustin Blakeman! This episode is nominally Halloween-themed as the three talk about horror as a genre, their favorite horror films and which horror movies you should absolutely avoid.
The Fandomentalist Drinks some Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- 0:00 – Fandom news 10/10/17
- 14:15 – Riding the fandom ebbs and flows
- 34:30 – GoT vs. Prequels, character arcs
- 49:30 – What trope is your pumpkin spice?
- Unabashed Book Snobbery “Dornish Headcanon Hour”
- Why We Shouldn’t Sexualize Fusion on Steven Universe
- Star Wars Rewatch: The Phantom Critic
- Jon Snow Season 6 retrospective
- Tyrion Lannister Season 6 retrospective
- Jon and Dany’s tepid boat scene sunk the season
- Game of Thrones Sexism & Season 6 Part 3: Empowerment
- The Adorkable Misogyny of The Bing Bang Theory
- The Complicity of Geek Masculinity on the Big Bang Theory
- Iron Man 2: Legacy of a Jerk
- A Zutara Shipper’s Lament
- About that D.E…Oh No
You’re Watching Movies Wrong
In this episode of Beneath the Screen of the Ultra-Critics, Jeremiah and Thad talk about how modern audiences are watching movies through a flawed lens. Also discussed are Buster Keaton, Yoda, post-modernism, The Seventh Seal, and sincerity.