Welcome back to the Spook to Survive Podcast ghosts and ghouls! In this episode, we delve into the depths of horror as Dan and Brigid try to figure out just what kind of horror they like and why people like it in the first place!
Then, Dan talks with poet and musician Joseph Van Buren, who has recently had his work appear in Haunted Are These Houses from Unnerving, and who has released his latest chapbook of dark poems “Mask: Persona.
Finally, a trip into the terrifying world of erotic horror literature, a discussion of the BS “LGBT” genre, and a round of publishing opportunities picked especially for only our spookiest listeners.
Fireside Fandomentals Talks Doctor Who
Ladies First Looks at WLW Film
Elizabeth is back from the Canadian wilderness and joins Kori in a look at wlw film including Fingersmith, Tipping the Velvet, and Appropriate Behavior. Also, relationship tropes.
It’s So Bad It’s Good on The Fandomentalist
- 0:00 – Intro & fandom news 11/5
- 18:30 – Movies so bad they’re good
- 34:40 – The damsel in distress trope
- 56:20 – TV shows so bad they’re good
- Fuller House Reviews
- The Fandomentalist Defends Hate-Watching
- Live and Let Die: A Recap
- How Did This Get Made: A View to a Kill
- Getting There Takes us for a Ride
- Getting There – a queer, indie romcom
- Holiday in the Sun – A Nerdy Feminist Viewing
- Attack of the Clones is the Best Prequel & Ironic Enjoyment
- Fandomentals+ live hangout: Turf Wars