Julia, Kylie, and Caroline reunite with Musa after
six four years for an awkward family dinner where they toast the 8th episode of House of the Dragon, “The Lord of the Tides”. Musa agrees Targs are boring with the exception of one particular edgelord.
Listen below, subscribe/listen on iTunes (the newest episode is updated in the app, even if not on the site yet), subscribe to our RSS feed, search for “Unabashed Book Snobbery” in any podcast app, or download an MP3 of the episode here (go to ‘show all’).
The intro & outro saltarello is performed by Stary Olsa from their album “Liepšaje (The Best)”, which is available for purchase on Bandcamp.
- 0:00 – Introduction & recap
- 22:10 – Julia wants to spoil Fire and Blood
- 20:00 – Mullets and age-bending
- 24:00 – Marie de’ Medici and wall porn
- 34:21 – The Alicent that was promised
- 40:00 – Questionable online discourse
- 57:47 – Musa hates boring Targs
- 1:04:45 – Rhaenys needs to monologue her motivations
- 1:13:00 – Stupid prophecy dagger is stupid
- 1:20:15 – Helaena is thinkin’ about bugs
- 1:35:00 – Family dinner of fun
- 1:46:10 – Julia reads from her Kobo
- 1:53:53 – Dramatic irony happens!
- 2:03:03 – Highlights/lowlights
- All UBS Podcast episodes
- House of the Dragon Failed Alicent Hightower (spoilers for HotD)
- House of the Dragon Is Winning This Thrones Hater Over (spoilers through 1×04)
- House of the Dragon is Actually a Compelling Story about Westeros (spoilers through 1×05)
- The Tragic Dance of Power and Patriarchy (spoilers for HotD)
- Game of Thrones retrospective series
- GoT Season 8 articles
- ‘The Wars to Come’ GoT Rewatch Project
- A Song of Pins and Needles (Caroline’s wardrobe analysis)
- Supernatural: End of the Road (Caroline’s Supernatural coverage)
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!