Raw Fury and developer Eggnut will release Tails: The Backbone Preludes, on February 2 on Steam. Set in the post-noir dystopian vision of Vancouver brought to life in Backbone, this prequel introduces a new series of intertwined stories surrounding four anthropomorphic animals. Tails will feature a wealth of new gameplay elements, interactions, puzzles, and choices that will ripple throughout the narrative.
Tails: The Backbone Preludes is a post-noir narrative adventure with branching choices, focused on an intertwined series of vignettes about change, circumstance, and consequence. Guide four different characters through formative moments in their lives, all set to the backdrop of a pixelized dystopian Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.
- A powerful narrative of growth and change – Experience key moments in the lives of the main cast, set them on the path of self-realization or even destruction, and experience the growing pains of a world on the cusp of irreversible change.
- Four stories, united by a common future – Explore the intricate backstories of Backbone alums Howard, Clarissa, and Renee, and meet Eli, the scientist who made a shocking discovery that will change the world.
- Built for replayability – A brand new branching tree interface allows you to track your choices, not only as you play each story, but every time you return for another run.
- Play your way – Return to the world of dystopian Vancouver to learn more about your favorite characters, or start at the beginning – you can play Backbone and Tails in either order.
- Gorgeous visuals – In the beloved pixel art style, players can revisit iconic locations such as Gastown, and explore new spaces like high-class homes and cozy college dorm rooms.
- Another banger of a soundtrack – Doom jazz makes a triumphant return in a brand new original soundtrack by Danshin, perfectly accompanying the themes and characters of each story under a single melodic umbrella.
Tails: The Backbone Preludes is available to wishlist on Steam. To stay up to date on the game, please visit https://twitter.com/backbonegame. And be sure to check out Seher’s full review of Backbone!
Images via Raw Fury and Eggnut
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!