Gretchen, Julia, and Kylie welcome Jana to chat about the that famous bodice-ripping romance in Pride and Prejudice without a hint of sarcasm. Though their thoughts on Lapidot are a good deal more earnest.
- 0:00 – Introduction & fandom news
- 14:25 – What’s the deal with Pride and Prejudice?
- 36:45 – Adaptation Maxism #2
- 49:10 – Let’s talk Lapis Lazuli and Peridot
- Children’s shows vs. Childish shows: a case study
- Selznick and the Maxims of Adaptation
- A Zutara Shipper’s Lament
- Gilmore Girls tag
- Pride and Prejudice: A Definitive Guide to Adaptations
- 10 Things I would rather see added to Pride and Prejudice than Zombies
- Lost in Austen, a nerdy feminist viewing: Part 1/Part 2
Bad Fandom Fanfic Patterns
Ladies First returns as Kori and Seher discuss patterns of inclusion and exclusion in fandoms and fanfic. Shows included in our discussion are One Day at a Time, Vida, The Bold Type, and Black Lightning.
An Infinity War War on The Fandomentalist
After a month-long hiatus, Gretchen, Julia, and Kylie return for a chat with Leah, the programming chair of TGI Femslash. Like everyone else on the internet, these four have ~opinions~ on the new Avengers: Infinity War, and opinions that don’t line up with one another. This clearly means war, though they will do their best to keep it…civil. Or infinite. Or something.
- 0:00 – Intros and fandom news 5/14/18 edition;
- 21:15 – Infinity War #1, our protagonist Thanos;
- 48:20 – MCU movies we wish were a thing;
- 58:50 – Infinity War #2, death and plot and taxes
More Ruminations on Infinity War
Warning: Massive SPOILERS for Avengers: Infinity War contained within this podcast.
Thad and Jeremiah meet to deconstruct their dislike of Avengers: Infinity War.