Next month, WOMEN OF MARVEL is back with another star-studded one-shot, and right now, fans can check out the covers and get an exclusive sneak peek at the thrilling stories that await!
The giant-sized anthology will continue the tradition of uplifting the characters and creators you know and love – and the ones you’re about to! Showcasing a range of diverse stories by seasoned veterans and up-and-coming talent, WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 will be a one-stop preview of the incredible women creators set to take Marvel Comics by storm. The one-shot will mark the exciting Marvel Comics debut of talents such as Melissa Flores, Victoria Ying, Carola Borelli, Giulia Gualazzi, and the Gibbs Sisters, Shawnee Gibbs & Shawnelle Gibbs.
For over 10 years, WOMEN OF MARVEL has highlighted iconic women characters and storytellers from throughout Marvel Comics history! Fans won’t want to miss celebrating the spirit and mission of this fantastic program with these phenomenal tales starring some of Marvel’s greatest heroes!
Here are the adventures that readers can look forward to:
· Rebecca Roanhorse, award-winning novelist and writer behind the recent Phoenix Song: Echo series, breaks the fourth wall with She-Hulk to provide one-of-a-kind commentary in a brilliant opening story with rising star artist Carola Borelli.
· Mighty Morphin Power Rangers scribe Melissa Flores and artist Stacey Lee (Silk) send best friend duo America Chavez and Kate Bishop on a pulse-punching rescue mission to save one of their own!
· Critically acclaimed author and illustrator Victoria Ying (City of Secrets) and artist Jodi Nishijima (Spider-Gwen: Gwenverse) spin a wild web for Silk as a night out with Black Cat turns deadly as the two face off against the illusion mastermind, Mysterio!
· The award-winning writing and producing team The Gibbs Sisters, Shawnee Gibbs & Shawnelle Gibbs join newcomer artist Giulia Gualazzi for a story about Photon and Ms. Marvel battling an old enemy in the Big Easy!
· Plus an introduction by writer Charlie Jane Anders, creator interviews, essays, and more!
Check out the covers and head over to Marvel.com to hear from the creators themselves! Celebrate Women’s History Month Marvel Comics-style when WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 hits stands on March 22!
WOMEN OF MARVEL #1
Written by REBECCA ROANHORSE, VICTORIA YING, MELISSA FLORES, SHAWNEE GIBBS, & SHAWNELLE GIBBS
Art by CAROLA BORELLI, JODI NISHIJIMA, STACEY LEE, GIULIA GUALAZZI, & ERICA D’URSO
Introduction by CHARLIE JANE ANDERS
Cover by ERICA D’URSO
Variant Cover by ROMINA JONES
Variant Cover by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE –
Variant Cover by CORIN HOWELL
Marvel Icon Variant Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
On Sale 3/22
Images via Marvel Comics
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!