Yesterday, Free League Publishing released the Adventure Compendium and Call of the Dark for Ruins of Symbaroum RPG, the 5E adaptation of the acclaimed dark fantasy RPG.
Together, the modules give you nine full length adventures, ranging from level 1 to 10, and exemplifying the wide variety of stories that are waiting to be told in the world of Symbaroum. Both books feature art by acclaimed illustrators Martin Grip (ALIEN RPG, Blade Runner RPG, Symbaroum) and Gustaf Ekelund (Coriolis, Symbaroum, Twilight 2000). The Adventure Compendium adventures are designed by Symbaroum creators Mattias Johnsson Haake and Mattias Lilja, while Call of the Dark features two scenarios created by Erik Hylander, and all adventures have been converted to the 5E ruleset by Jacob Rodgers.
Ruins of Symbaroum Adventure Compendium
The Ruins of Symbaroum Adventure Compendium will invite you to everything from murder mysteries, to forest expeditions and witch hunts; set in cities, villages, and expanses of wilderness; treating you to encounters with dark¬minded cultists, roaring monstrosities, and raging abominations. The adventures of this tome explore the wide variety of stories that are waiting to be told in the world of Symbaroum.
The expansion includes:
• Seven full-length adventures, ranging from level 1 to 8
• The settlements Kastor, Ravenia and Prios Pass
• Thirteen mystical artifacts and a dozen color maps to explore
• An introduction to the pantheon of the Young Gods
Ruins of Symabroum: Call of the Dark
In the expansion, you will find two adventures that in different ways relate to the growing internal divisions within the Ambrian realm.
The adventure Call of the Dark plays out in the northern territories of the Lost Land of Alberetor, where the player characters will accompany a lowborn noble who is looking to prove the status of her family.
The adventure Retribution initially deals with the search for a person who has gone missing in the city of Kurun, but is soon shown to involve events which may have serious consequences for the relationship between the peoples of the Davokar region.
The expansion includes:
• Two full-length adventures that exposes the players to great challenges
• The Alberian barony of Sarli and the city of Kurun as detailed adventure landscapes
• A dozen locations and establishments where the characters can eat, trade, sleep, find information and visit the local authorities
• Full color maps of the barony and the city
• Four artifacts and new or alternative rules for Forced rides and the Dangers of the Darkened Land
The Adventure Compendium and Call of the Dark are now available in the Free League webstore, and in PDF format at DriveThruRPG.
Images via Free League Publishing
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!