In the this episode of Fireside Fandomentals, our special Fandomentals+ subscriber exclusive podcast, Gretchen starts off on a whole new segment: Young Adult Story Pitches, or YAS Pitches for short. With input from a random generator for genre, setting, protagonist role, and initial conflict, she crafts a young adult trilogy with pirates, non-binary sirens, culture clash, the lurking horror of an eldritch apocalypse, and a queer, deaf, female protagonist seeking to clear her name from the belief that she destroyed her family in a shipwreck!
Listen to the episode below, or click here to begin the mp3 download.
- Genre Blender
- Setting Creator
- Character Role
- For Character Conflict, see Plot Generator and click on “situation.”
Click here to check out The Fandomentalist, where Kylie, Julia, and Gretchen have other story improv sessions.
Fireside Fandomentals Talks Doctor Who
Ladies First Looks at WLW Film
Elizabeth is back from the Canadian wilderness and joins Kori in a look at wlw film including Fingersmith, Tipping the Velvet, and Appropriate Behavior. Also, relationship tropes.
It’s So Bad It’s Good on The Fandomentalist
- 0:00 – Intro & fandom news 11/5
- 18:30 – Movies so bad they’re good
- 34:40 – The damsel in distress trope
- 56:20 – TV shows so bad they’re good
- Fuller House Reviews
- The Fandomentalist Defends Hate-Watching
- Live and Let Die: A Recap
- How Did This Get Made: A View to a Kill
- Getting There Takes us for a Ride
- Getting There – a queer, indie romcom
- Holiday in the Sun – A Nerdy Feminist Viewing
- Attack of the Clones is the Best Prequel & Ironic Enjoyment
- Fandomentals+ live hangout: Turf Wars