Earlier this week, Modiphius Entertainment unveiled pre-orders for the latest product in their best-selling Dune: Adventures in the Imperium line — The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad campaign supplement. This newest expansion for the top-selling 2d20 tabletop role-playing game introduces players and Game Masters to the Landsraad council and some of the mightiest Houses in the Imperium. The 128-page Houses of the Landsraad book moves the in-game action and politicking away from Arakkis and out into the darkness of the Imperium.
The Landsraad is the great council of the Houses that decides the fate of the Imperium under the will of the Emperor. Meeting on Kaitain, the Imperial homeworld, this chorus of powerful voices meets to make deals, craft alliances, crush enemies, and take vengeance in the halls of power. Here, whole worlds can be laid waste at the stroke of a pen, and riches beyond your wildest dreams can be bestowed for nothing more than a promise of support.
The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad is a complete 128-page supplement for Dune – Adventures in the Imperium that expands your campaign away from Arrakis into the vast and deadly Imperium. It offers the opportunity for your House to vie for power among its peers. Politic with your rivals, bring power and wealth to your House, and challenge your position among the deadliest powerbrokers of the Landsraad.
The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad includes:
- Comprehensive detail on the nature and politics of the Landsraad council and the complex relationships between the Houses that keeps the Imperium turning
- Secrets of the art of kanly, the rules that govern assassination by blade or poison, and how to manage a deadly war of assassins
- Expanded notes on CHOAM, with options and new talents for CHOAM Agent player characters. Full dossiers on an array of the most important Houses of the Landsraad, such as the fallen House Richese, the aggressive House Moritani, the noble House Taligari, and the devious House Wydras.
- A Navigator’s guide to the mysterious Spacing Guild and their place in the Imperium, with new talents and focuses for Guild agent player characters.
- Cross space in a moment in a Guild Heighliner, with detail on space travel and managing journeys across the Imperium, with or without the Guild.
- New rules for building any of the ‘million worlds’ that can be found in the Known Universe or beyond. Create the homeworld of your House, your enemy’s domain, or a new planet ripe for exploitation.
- A complete system for House management, allowing you to craft and build your domains, construct new planetary facilities, manage downtime, and gain leverage and favor from your peers as the power of your House grows.
Images via Modiphius
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!