Dark mysteries wait to be unearthed. Free League Publishing and 20th Century Studios today announced Building Better Worlds, a new expansion for the multiple award-winning ALIEN The Roleplaying Game. The expansion is now available for pre-order on the webpage.
All the wonder and danger of the stars is yours—if you can just wipe the grime off your face and dig the dirt out from under your fingernails first.
Airless moons circle swirling gas giants, eager to be transformed into tomorrow’s paradise. Dark ancient mysteries wait to be unearthed beneath a millennium of debris. Searing solar flares boil your flesh and blacken your bones as you harness their power to light a hundred worlds. Long lost mysteries lie entombed in the frozen hearts of icy comets. Unstable tectonic plates shift to drown iridium mines in scalding lava.
Even the truth of humanity’s origins awaits you out there, orbiting some dying star. And out there amongst it all is something truly horrifying—something that nature never intended. Something alien. Which, you know, you should expect at this point.
Building Better Worlds contains:
● History of Colonization – the story of humanity’s reach for the stars.
● Creating Explorers & Colonists – expanded character creation rules for life on the frontier.
● Gear & Ships – an extensive chapter with new gear and spaceships, gloriously illustrated.
● Extrasolar Species Catalog – new Xenomorphic creatures to encounter.
● The Lost Worlds – the framework and backstory for a frontier campaign.
● Expeditions – six thrilling expeditions into uncharted space, playable in any order.
● The Endgame – the final showdown with everything at stake.
Images via Free League Publishing
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!