Based on the viral fan film by Morgan Cooper, Peacock’s upcoming drama Bel-Air will update 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air into the present day, focusing on the “inherent conflicts, emotions and biases” that sitcoms generally avoid. Today, Will Smith announced who would be cast as Will (a role he originated and based on himself) by surprising the actor who will succeed him, actor and Philly local Jabari Banks.
Bel-Air will be a serialized, one hour drama. Peacock previously ordered two seasons of the series.
- Co-Showrunners / Executive Producers: T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson
- Director / Co-Writer / Executive Producer: Morgan Cooper
- Executive Producers: Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
- Produced By: Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc.
- Format: Drama series
- Filming Location: Los Angeles, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Image via Peacock
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!