PQube and Fiction Factory Games are excited to bring you some big updates to Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers, including voice actor announcements and a new demo! Check it out in Steam Next Fest from October 1st.
After the success of the award-winning “Arcade Spirits”, Fiction Factory Games is back with a new independent story. This sequel brings you into a new setup (you are now an esports player) with 6 new characters to romance, including old and new faces. You can also import your choices from the original Arcade Spirits adventure to build the world around your decisions.
In Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers, enter an alternate timeline where arcades never went away… As an aspiring gamer, search for glory on the Fist of Discomfort 2 Pro Tour and find a partner to play with. Rally the team, learn about who they are, defeat your rivals, build relationships and uncover an arcade conspiracy on your journey to the top!
With a brand-new approach to visual novel gameplay mechanics, the game features many interactive elements and light RPG mechanics. There’s only one way to become the champion, and that’s to play! Dive into Fist of Discomfort 2, a strategy-based minigame – where your victory or defeat will determine the path of your story.
Everything is customisable! You can design and change your character’s details however you like. Pick your pronouns, hair style, skin tone, hair/eye colour, and more. You can also design your rivals as you see fit, and choose how the story plays out while interacting with a wide range of people. Build an esports team with these memorable characters, and maybe more…
Shape your personality, feelings, and preferences, then see them reflected in the story as characters remember who you are. You can interact with characters however you like, romance, befriend or accompany whoever you like. Friendships will rise and fall, and romance will blossom, if you so wish. A demo of the game is available here! You can check out our review of the demo as well!
Over the past few weeks, we have been revealing the amazing voice talent that will be voicing all of our favourite characters in Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers! Here is who we have in the game so far:
- SungWon Cho As Domino, his specialty is bullet hell shoot-’em-ups, but behind his existential outlook on life is a kind and inquisitive soul.
- Fryda Wolff as Zapper, an awesome lightgun expert and a risktaker that embraces pure awesomeness!
- Ryan Laughton as Locksley, our own Robin Hood styled activist with the charisma to back it up!
- Simply Undrea as Grace, a genius programmer, empathetic soul, and a good friend.
- Alex A.K. as Rhapsody, the foremost expert on Fist of Discomfort 2, running enough blogs and podcasts and shoutcasts to fill your head with game knowledge!
- Risa Mei as Jynx, she may embrace hard driving and hard rock, but her soft voice and sensible disposition are how she really crosses that finish line.
- Anaris Quiñones as Valkyrie, the coach of Team Play-2-Win, the most aggressive and victorious team in esports history.
- Cyrus Nemati as Punchy78, the lead reporter for FightShack, so be sure to like, share, subscribe, and smash that bell!
To see the full profiles of our incredible cast and keep up to date with every new voice actor announcement, visit the Arcade Spirits website!
‘Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers’ will be available to try for Free during Steam Next Fest! For more information and the latest news, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, and our official website: http://pqube.co.uk/
Image and video courtesy of PQube, Fiction Factory Games
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!