With interest in Frank Herbert’s Dune at a new high thanks to the upcoming Denis Villeneuve adaptation, Modiphius has announced a brand new way to engage with the world of Dune: the Agents of Dune Beginner Campaign Set. Similar to other beginner boxes they’ve released, this one will be a self-contained entry point for roleplaying on Arrakis, Caladan, and beyond. They’ve also announced the pre-order for Sand and Dust, a deep dive into the desert world of Arrakis, as well as two dice sets themed around House Atreides and House Harkonnen.
In the backwaters of the vast Imperium of humanity lies the hostile desert world of Arrakis. It is a deadly place, where no drop of rain falls and the people live a sparse existence in the baking cities of the northern pole. But Arrakis is the most important planet in the entire universe, for it is only here that you can find the spice melange.
The spice is everything. To some, it is a way to extend life, to others a way to see into the future. It is the key to wealth and power in the Imperium, and many of the noble Houses will stop at nothing to control it in any way they can. The cities of Arrakeen and Carthag are full of agents and spies, all looking to gain an advantage for their faction, and ready to kill to maintain the power of their masters. Will Arrakis be the place your characters prove the power of their House, or will their blood be spilled on the unforgiving sands?
- A 156 page US letter size high-quality sewn hardback packed with full-color art
- An overview of the planet Arrakis, known as Dune, its history, and features
- Detail on the mysterious desert Fremen and their many secrets
- A host of new options for Fremen player characters, including new archetypes, talents, and rules for riding the great sandworms
- An in-depth look at spice harvesting and those who try to smuggle and stockpile it secretly
- The secrets of spice revealed, including new spice-related talents and abilities
- A gazetteer of the cities of Carthag and Arrakeen, including their layout, noteworthy landmarks, and what life is like for the people of each city
- Expanded notes on creating your own campaigns on Arrakis, including a host of new NPCs, scenario hooks, and story seeds
- New campaign options as smugglers, Fremen or merchants instead of agents of a noble House.
- A complete adventure ‘The water must flow’ that involves the player characters in a deadly plot during a water shortage on Arrakis
- A digital copy of this book (PDF) will be provided
This collector’s edition sourcebook for the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game, contains all Sand and Dust’s features in a stunning foil embossed cover, which takes you to the desert world of Arrakis and explores the secrets of the spice. Visit the hidden sietches of the Fremen to learn the mysteries of their culture. Walk without rhythm in the great deserts and perhaps see one of the incredible sandworms. Trade secrets with spies and agents in the bustling marketplace of Arrakeen or the alleys of Carthag. Arrakis is a planet of mysteries and danger, and those who underestimate it never leave.
A 156-page US letter size hardback packed with full-color art, the collector’s edition also has a faux leather cover and Arrakis foil design.
Choose your side in the most famous kanly vendetta of the Imperium! Side with the noble House Atreides with this beautiful custom dice set. Stand with Duke Leto, Lady Jessica, and their son Paul in the lush fields and tranquil seas of Caladan. Only with your help can they put a stop to the machinations of House Harkonnen and bring honor to the Imperium.
- Pack contains five twenty-sided dice
- Colored in marbled green with gold numbering
- Each dice carries a custom symbol of the Atreides Hawk on one face
Choose your side in the most famous kanly vendetta of the Imperium! Side with the deadly House Harkonnen with this beautiful custom dice set. Stand with Baron Harkonnen, ‘Beast’ Rabban, Feyd, and devious mentat Piter DeVries in the industrial mecca of Giedi Prime. Only with your help can they crush the Atreides and fully take control of the spice.
- Pack contains five twenty-sided dice
- Colored in blood red with silver numbering
- Each die carries a custom symbol of the Harkonnen Sigil on one face
Become Agents of Dune
In early 2022 the Agents of Dune Beginner Campaign Set will offer a complete introduction to the world of Dune and the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game. Everything you need to play can be found in this box, and you can begin playing the moment you open the lid. With step-by-step guidance as you play, you can run the game the moment you open the box, with no preparation! Even if you are new to Dune or even roleplaying games, this adventure set guides you through an epic story where your characters are the heroes.
In this alternate “what if?” adventure, your House trades places with House Atreides as the new governors of Arrakis, daring you to imagine how you might fare on the harsh desert planet of Arrakis. Placed in the most coveted and challenging role in the Imperium as governors of Arrakis, you must master the precious spice trade, while deadly enemies plot your demise. The whole Imperium hangs in the balance!
Agents of Dune contains a complete 120-page adventure, pre-generated player characters, NPC and asset cards, tokens for Momentum, Threat, and Determination, five custom twenty-sided dice, and even a PDF copy of the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium Core Rulebook to expand your campaign further after play.
Images via Modiphius
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!