Modiphius is teaming up with indie tabletop creator Runehammer to bring the Index Card RPG Master Edition to your friendly local gaming store in a new print edition, and a pre-order featuring a special Collectors Edition for fans.
Runehammer has also unveiled the insane heavy metal RPG Viking Death Squad, which will debut in retail at the same time! More details are below and you will be available to pre-order both from the Modiphius webstore next week. Pre-orders will get the complete PDF on purchase, and both books will be heading to your local game stores in spring 2022.
INDEX CARD RPG
Indie hit Index Card RPG and its much anticipated new ‘Master Edition’ has slowly built a die-hard following of DIY RPG creators and players over the past 5 years. Until now, it has been found in 3 hardcopy books and numerous PDF’s published by its creator, Runehammer, via DriveThruRPG.
This newest edition, the MASTER EDITION, combines ICRPG’s numerous worlds, streamlined D20 rules and critically acclaimed GM know-how all in one high quality hardback, all revised and updated with its latest playtest data, gathered from players all over the world. For the first time this edition will be available to fans across the world through their friendly local gaming stores.
- 400 pages of straight-to-table D20-based tools, monsters, equipment and tidbits to hack into any system or style
- Five complete worlds: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Weird West, Ice Age and Superheroes
- A massive collection of D100 loot tables, monster creation tables, and more
-A critically acclaimed, nuts and bolts GM section that transcends systems.
VIKING DEATH SQUAD
Viking Death Squad is a world, RPG system, and play resource inspired by the heavy metal super classic ‘War Pigs’ by Black Sabbath. This TTRPG is an explosive game of immortal vikings, cybernetic horrors, and demonic legions. This compact book is jam-packed with hard-edged artwork by Brandish Gilhelm, with all the heavy metal, battleaxes and screaming skulls the genre demands.
- A D6 dice pile system unlike any other.
- No Hit Points, Initiative-as-armor and more hard-and-fast innovations.
- A unique world of Urth in the 100th century, complete with radioactive monstrosities, armies of cyborgs, insect tribes, and Vikings from space.
- Play as Viking Immortal or resourceful Human survivor- Explore the Warlands, Low Orbit, the Poison Forest, and Hell itself.
Images via Modiphius
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!