Ovation TV, America’s only arts network, is pleased to announce upcoming programming for its award-winning travel-entertainment digital channel, JOURNY. Every month, JOURNY will premiere a new series, supported by a curated theme of diverse programming, talent and destinations. For December 2021, the theme “JOURNY, It’s Cold Outside!” highlights titles focusing on bundling up and enjoying the finer things in life. The monthly anchor, a JOURNY premiere, is a docuseries entitled Remarkable Living that will be available in its entirety starting on December 1.
The notion of luxury has changed. It isn’t about the price tag: it’s about what something is worth. It’s about the value of an experience. It’s about consciousness. It’s about vision. Remarkable Living is a series that travels the world to put the focus on lifestyle visionaries who are creating unique experiences that matter. Over 30 episodes and three seasons, the series reveals how these great thinkers, rare craftsmen – and the savvy collectors in the know – are setting new, purpose-driven trends in living.
This December, JOURNY will also present Joanna Lumley in the Land of the Northern Lights, a documentary feature following an amazing journey in Norway’s Far North. Joanna Lumley (Absolutely Fabulous, The New Avengers) pursues a life-long dream to track down the elusive, stunningly beautiful Northern Lights – ‘the true wonder of the world’ as she puts it. As she seeks this personal Holy Grail, viewers get to see new sides of the charming, indefatigable, and idiosyncratic Joanna Lumley, responding with humor and deep emotion to one of the world’s most magnificent but extreme environments.
Viewers will also enjoy a specially curated line-up of some of JOURNY’s favorite series for the “JOURNY, It’s Cold Outside!” theme: rediscover chef David Rocco, the legendary Anthony Bourdain, actress Donna Perkins (Coming to America) or comedian Richard Ayoade (The IT Crowd) enjoying some cold weather or getting into the holiday spirit! Select episodes include:
● Rock the Park: Jack Steward joins Colton Smith as they travel to America’s greatest treasures, the awe-inspiring national parks, and to spotlight their beauty. (10 episodes)
● Andiamo Uptown: a vibrant travel series hosted by Donna Perkins that combines luxury and adventure with a vicarious approach to travelling. Share in Donna’s global journey and discover for yourself what makes our world so exhilarating. (3 episodes)
● Travel Man: Richard Ayoade attempts to visit all the top tourist attractions in various cities in a 48-hour period. (8 episodes)
● Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations: In his Emmy Award winning series, Anthony Bourdain travels the globe to explore the cities, villages and countries that offer life’s truest surprises. (3 episodes)
● David Rocco’s Dolce Vita: Enter David Rocco, a Canadian-born Italian whose passion for Italian cuisine takes him on exciting adventures in and around the city. With Florence as his playground, Rocco immerses himself into the Italian lifestyle, cooking for family and friends while taking time to truly experience ‘la dolce vita’ – a sweet life indeed. (1 episode)
Images courtesy of Ovation TV
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!