Peacock’s Emmy-nominated and critically acclaimed comedy series GIRLS5EVA, from Emmy Award-winning screenwriter, showrunner and producer Meredith Scardino and Universal Television, has announced an “un4gettable” slate of guest stars for their upcoming season. Following the exploits of a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 90’s trying to make it big again, the Tina Fey-produced series stars Broadway staples Sara Bareilles and Renée Elise Goldsberry alongside SNL Vet Paula Pell and Cougar Town actress Busy Philipps as the titular group.
“Season 2 of ‘Girls5eva’ answers the simple question: What would happen if ‘Girls5eva’ was renewed for a second season?” series showrunner Meredith Scardino said at a SXSW panel. “We are so excited to share the next chapter in Dawn, Wickie, Gloria, and Summer’s journey as they enter ‘Album Mode’ and embark on making their first studio album on their own terms.” Scardino is also an EP on the show alongside Fey (Little Stranger Inc.), Robert Carlock (Bevel Gears), Jeff Richmond, David Miner (3 Arts Entertainment), and Eric Gurian (Little Stranger).
Appearing in Season 2 will be a whole host of actors and actresses including:
- Amber Ruffin (The Amber Ruffin Show)
- Chad L. Coleman (The Wire, The Walking Dead)
- Drew and Jonathan Scott (Property Brothers)
- Grey Henson (Mean Girls the Musical, A Journal For Jordan)
- Heidi Gardner (Saturday Night Live)
- Hoda Kotb (TODAY, NBC News)
- James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin, Hamilton)
- John Lutz (30 Rock, Sisters)
- Judy Gold (Better Things, Search Party)
- Mario Cantone (And Just Like That, Sex and the City)
- Pat Battle (NBC New York)
- Piter Marek (The Blacklist, Ugly Betty)
- Tim Meadows (The Goldbergs, Mean Girls)
They join the already announced Amy Sedaris (Bojack Horseman) and Neil Flynn (Scrubs) as well as returning guest stars like Erika Henningsen (Mean Girls the Musical) and Jonathan Hadary (Veep).
Girls5eva Season 2 is set to release on May 5, 2022 exclusively on Peacock.
Images via Peacock
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!