Crunchyroll, the global anime streamer with more than five million subscribers and 120 million registered users announced today a full slate of new series at today’s Crunchyroll industry panel at Virtual Crunchyroll Expo.
The full slate of series heading to Crunchyroll soon includes:
- High Guardian Spice – The upcoming Crunchyroll Original series from creator Raye Rodriguez follows the lives of four fierce High Guardian Academy students as they form allegiances, uncover legacies, face betrayals and discover their true identities while preparing to protect the world from an ominous unknown threat. During today’s panel, special guest Rodriguez helped reveal a new trailer and beautiful new key art. Coming soon on Crunchyroll.
- Muv-Luv Alternative – This sci-fi thriller is a story of how humanity lives and dies while on the brink of extinction…Coming to Crunchyroll this fall.
- The Faraway Paladin – This upcoming anime follows a young boy who was raised by three undead on his journey to become a Paladin and learn more about the mysteries hidden in this faraway land. Coming to Crunchyroll this fall.
- The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest – The world’s most powerful sage is reincarnated and must prove his worth in a new world that assumes he’s marked for failure. Steaming info: Coming to Crunchyroll January 2022
- Love of Kill – This series follows two mismatched assassins as they weave together a twisted “Assassin X Assassin” thriller. Coming to Crunchyroll in 2022
- Skeleton Knight in Another World – This isekai fantasy centers on the Skeleton Knight’s unintentional quest to make the world a better place. Coming soon to Crunchyroll.
Crunchyroll also revealed the cover for the upcoming book “Essential Anime.” This guide highlights 50 classic, unforgettable Japanese animated series and feature films and gives an insightful look into the history and true impact of anime on Japanese and Western pop culture. Essential Anime will be published in April 2022 by Running Press and is available for pre-order now wherever books are sold.
Finally, Crunchyroll discussed its new partnership with Xbox, which kicked off yesterday in celebration of Virtual Crunchyroll Expo. Under this new partnership, Crunchyroll Premium subscribers and new users who begin a Crunchyroll free trial can get three months of Xbox Game Pass for PC. Fans can learn more by visiting crunchyroll.com/xbox-gamepass-2021
Right before today’s Industry panel, Crunchyroll also revealed a special sneak peek of “Fena: Pirate Princess” in a panel featuring Kazuto Nakazawa (Director), Rui Kuroki (Producer) from Production I.G and Yusuke Takeda (Background Artist) from Bamboo who discussed their approach to bringing the swashbuckling samurai series to life. “Fena: Pirate Princess” is a Crunchyroll and Adult Swim Original series premiering on August 14.
Virtual Crunchyroll Expo is Crunchyroll’s yearly flagship anime convention, bringing fans the best of anime from August 5 – 7.
Images and video courtesy of Crunchyroll
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!