Pull on your trenchcoat and step out into dystopian Vancouver, where an oppressive caste system separates the Apes from the rodents, and puts everyone else in their proper place… even it’s six feet underground.
After five years of production and two years after releasing the Prologue, developer EggNut and publisher Raw Fury have announced that Backbone, the post-noir roleplaying detective adventure, will launch on Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 10 Store, Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store on June 8, with console releases coming later this year.
- Become a raccoon as you explore the seedy underbelly of Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.
- Make meaningful connections with a diverse cast of characters in pursuit of truth in an increasingly tangled mystery.
- Modern dystopia tells a tale of a cold and existentialist world, bleak and dreary, but not entirely without hope.
- High-res 2.5D pixel art creates a breathtaking landscape to explore alongside 3D effects like dynamic lighting, pouring rain, volumetric fog and neon lights.
- Original doom jazz soundtrack adds to the cinematic ambience and tells a story with every sound.
Backbone is a post-noir roleplaying detective adventure, in which you step into the shoes of raccoon private investigator Howard Lotor to explore dystopian Vancouver, British Columbia, beautifully rendered in high resolution pixel art.
After years of small-time cases, lonely evenings, and just barely scraping by, Howard Lotor is swept into a job quite unlike any other before it. What starts as a menial case slowly unravels into something much darker, pitting Howard against the oppressive, systemic power hierarchies of the City itself.
You can check out our review of the prologue!
Images via Raw Fury